Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Monday, May 05, 2008

Excited Blueberry Muffins

I intended to practice making cupcakes and muffins for the Mother's Day morning tea at the girls' preschool on Thursday this week. While browsing through tons of cook books and online recipes, I chanced upon this site that was holding a competition of sorts showcasing "muffins". I thought maybe it'll be a good and exciting challenge to join and experience it for the first time.

And so, while chocolate cupcakes are always a good hit with my girls, I made a new batch of muffins which will be making their way to the Greedy Gourmet's challenge.


The chocolate cupcakes were intentionally plain, but my girls decided to play around with the whipped cream and 100s-1000s so we decorated some just for kicks.


The blueberry muffin were taken from Donna Hay's Off the Shelf, Cooking from the Pantry. The No-Fuss Blueberry Muffins, which were indeed, "no fuss" at all. I chose blueberry not because its in season (its actually not and was indeed pricey at the local grocer) but because blueberries are my my all-time favourite and hubby's as well.

In a bowl, combine 2 cups sifted self-raising flour, 1/2 cup caster (superfine) sugar, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 1 cup sour cream and mix well. Sprinkle the mixture with 1 cup fresh of unthawed frozen blueberries and then spoon into 1 cup capacity muffin tins. Bake in a preheated 180 degree C (350 degree F) oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Wow! How exact can you get?!!!!



The muffins came out lovely. The smell was really enchanting. Now, these might be no fuss muffins, but they're really excited! I loved how it turned out, with the slightly crunchy top and the soft inside combined with the sweet blueberries. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...