Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Devil's Food White-Out Cake

This is definitely my dream cake. A cake I will keep on dreaming on making. It does look a little bit overwhelming when you look at it. Though the idea of having such a dreamy looking cake coming out from your kitchen does bring some kind of pride. It must. And it definitely should. After all, I am a novice baker.... and so all I can actually do is dream, dream, dream.... and probably blabber, blabber, blabber about actually doing it. Maybe when I own that dream kitchen mixer, or that dream kitchen with marble counter tops and top of the line appliances, or even that simple yet elegant and fancy cake tray, etc, etc, etc.......



I came across this very delectable (That is the very apt word, believe me! Look at it here) site and wondered if I can actually take myself up to the challenge. A special event in the near future should be enough reason to take up the opportunity. Until then, I must content myself with looking at the mouth-watering photos in this book and plan. A lovely dessert for Christmas dinner. Why not? Until then, dream, dream, dream.......

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for your sweet email :) You can dream of the fancy cakes (I do too!) but start with the simple ones :) Once you've got your confidence you will be whipping up bigger and more complicated things in no time! And if you can make leche flan and crinkles (below) and cake like this is not far off at all :) I have never made leche flan...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...