Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Baked Crispy Chicken Tonkatsu


We love Japanese food! There's never a day in a week that you guys don't threaten me to buy you take-away sushi from the local sushi bar. Usually, we'd sit down at the Sushi Bar in Lane Cove and eat there, but sitting takes time and it usually means you guys will be hungry for more. Not too good for mum's pockets. When I started paid work (Yep - 2 days a week and nobody even noticed I was away! You were in school!), you'd ask mum for a sushi treat at Mitsu in Macquarie Centre. Its now our favourite dine-in sushi bar.

And while we are in the subject of Japanese food, we had this for dinner. I was trying out recipes as a cookbook testing volunteer for Jaden's Steamy Kitchen Cookbook and this was the second one I've done for the week. I can't quote the recipe here but I guess soon, you can access this from her cookbook. But here is Jaden's site, full of lovely recipes and funny anecdotes.

One of you went into the kitchen as I was dredging the chicken into flour and asked, "What's for dinner mum?".. and I said, ... "giant chicken nuggets".

Although you still opted to dip your giant-chicken-nuggets aka Baked Chicken Tonkatsu, in tomato sauce and not the prepared tonkatsu sauce, you loved this one so much, you even asked to have it for your school lunch the next day! That made me really happy.

This was served for dinner, on a bed of shredded lettuce, home made tonkatsu sauce and rice.


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...