Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Honey, I shrunk the meatloaf!

Not sure what happened. What I did or did not do. But the meatloaf shrunk. Sure, I did not have a recipe. Sure I did not measure. Sure I did not have breadcrumbs.

This is a classic Masterchef Invention Test - ingredients, mixed all together = end product.

I was intending to make the Filipino Embutido, but took the shorter route. Instead of wrapping individual logs in aluminum foil, I poured the mixture onto 2 loaf pans ala meatloaf. And voila! A shrunken piece of meat that looked more like the classic French terrine. Appearance did not compromise the taste though. It still tasted like embutido. Better follow a real meatloaf recipe next time. Or maybe its time to take some French lessons and make a real terrine. As the French would say it - C'est la vie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...