Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Books! - What's on my bedside table?

I'm reading a borrowed book from the library. Of course, you guessed it. Something related to food. This one is quite different and interesting. I would love to get my own copy of Michael Rulhman's Ratio - The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking.

(photo taken from of Amazon.com)

Devra First from the Boston Globe wrote an interesting piece when the book came out last year. It seems to be getting a good following. After all, cooking is all about math and theories and concepts. But let's not get bored here. The book also contains basic recipes and simple ones too.

I can't wait to try my hands on making bread using Ruhlman's ratio: 5 parts flour, 3 parts water, bits of yeast and some salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...